GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR ADMISSION TO Ph.D. PROGRAMMES (FULL TIME)
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTRATION TO RESEARCH PROGRAMMES
- Candidate desirous to take admission in a programme of study of Central University of Haryana must participate in online registration. Candidate must satisfy the following conditions: -
- Must have the eligibility for admission to the Ph.D. (Full Time) programmes. It is sole responsibility of the candidate to ensure that he/she is eligible at the stage of registration. The admission of a candidate shall stand cancelled at any stage if eligibility claimed by him/her is found to be false or wrong at any stage during/ after the admission process.
- Must have registered for Entrance Examination and have scored above cut-off (if applicable). Entrance Examination is qualifying with qualifying marks as 50%. A relaxation of 5% of marks (from 50% to 45%) in Entrance Examination shall be allowed for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy layers)/Differently-abled category.
- The candidates who have qualified UGC/CSIR-JRF/NET/SLET/GATE, or who are Teacher Fellowship hulders, or have passed the M. Phil. programme with course work recognized by the U.G.C., as per the UGC Regulations (Minimum Standards and Procedure for award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree, 2016), shall be exempted from qualifying Entrance Examination. However, it is mandatory that the candidate must have registered online on the Admission Portal of the University.
- The candidate satisfying all the conditions and desirous to take admission, must register online at www.cuh.ac.in by paying a fee ₹1000 (Except those belonging to SC/ST/PwD/ Women categories) as per the schedule.
- Candidate must ensure that mobile number and e-mail ID provided by him/her are valid and are active during the admission process. The mobile number and the e mail ID must be his/her own or of the immediate family members /Guardians.
- Candidate is advised not to register with mobile number and e-mail ID of cybercafe owner or some unknown person, which may amount to communication gap. Similarly, Candidates are also advised to pay the fee from his/her own account or the account of immediate family member/guardians, and it should not be from the account of cybercafe owner or unknown person because the refund of fee, if any, arising out of cancellation or otherwise will be remitted in the same account.
- Candidate is advised to complete the registration process as per the schedule notified on the University website.
- Candidate who has not registered online himself/herself for Admission in CUH will not be considered for admission at any subsequent stages of admission process.
- Once an offer of admission is made, the candidate is required to complete the admission process including payment of admission fee and verification of documents within stipulated date(s). On failure to complete the admission process including the payment of fee by the stipulated date, the seat will be automatically allotted to the next candidate in order of merit.
- Completion of admission process requires the candidate to login to the portal, fill up necessary information, and upload the requisite documents and pay the requisite admission fee as specified by the University for admission to respective programmes.
- On successful completion of the admission process, the candidate will receive the communication confirming the admission on University Website and his/her admission shall be purely provisional subject to verification of the original credentials/ documents by the respective departments of the University.
- The verification of documents will be carried out by the concerned department of the University.
- Admission to the hostel is a separate process and the candidate is required to register separately as per the schedule notified on the website by the Hostel Administration.
- The fee will be refunded after the completion of admission process as per the Rules of the University.
- The admission offered shall be provisional subject to verification of all relevant documents including the result of qualifying examination, category certificate, Entrance Examination result, character certificate, etc., as per the schedule notified by the University.
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR INTERVIEW:
All registered Candidates who have cleared UGC/CSIR-JRF/NET/SLET/GATE in the relevant discipline or who are Teacher Fellowship hulders or have passed M.Phil. Programme with course work recognized by the U.G.C. as per UGC Regulations (Minimum Standards and Procedure for award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree 2016) (for admission to Ph.D. programme) in the relevant discipline shall be called for interview. The candidates scoring minimum qualifying marks i.e. 50% in Entrance Test (a relaxation of 5% of marks for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy layer)/PWD and other categories of candidates as per the rules/ guidelines of the UGC/ MHRD/ GoI from time to time) shall be called for interview as per the schedule in the ratio 1:5 against each seat for which admission is sought. All the candidates scoring marks equal to the last shortlisted candidate shall also be called for interview.
The admission shall be based on the performance of the qualified candidates in the interview/viva-voce to be organised by the Department concerned where the candidates shall be required to discuss their research interest/area through a presentation before a duly constituted Departmental Research Committee.
Provided that for selection of candidates, a weightage of 70% to the entrance test and 30% to the performance in the Interview/ viva-voce shall be given. Candidates scoring below 50% marks in interview/ Viva-Voce shall not be considered for admission.